When the lily of the valley blooms, happiness is said to return.
There is so much symbolism for this little beauty:
- The name Susan comes from many ancient words for lily.
- The birth flower for May is Lily of the valley.
- Lily of the valley is the national flower of Finland and the floral emblem of Yugoslavia.
- She also represents sweetness and purity.
- The lily flower measures 8mm high and 6mm wide, (about the size of my pinky fingernail.)
- Every flower is shaped and enamelled by hand with care and attention to detail.
- These little creations are all slightly different, due to the hand crafted techniques used.
- The enamel reacts to the slightest of changes in the process of the crafting. This gives each flower a unique charm, with subtle flares of colour and changes in the texture of the silver. Each piece ends up a bit of a surprise, just as nature intends.
- Made with sterling silver, glass enamel and glass beads.
- All components are also sterling silver.